cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Hub

pauljackson66
Tuning in

Hi I installed the latest Hub yesterday and for some reason even though not there anymore devices including the TV box is still connected to the old network? How can that be when its not there anymore and appears to be still working? We have a Galaxy tablet that won't work properly with new network but fine on one that's not there anymore??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you are saying it's the new Hub 5?  If so it may not work with your existing boosters or the new WiFi Pods. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you left your booster in? Could be connecting to that

jem101
Superstar

Do you happen to have any sort of WiFi ‘boosters’ or ‘extenders’? It’s likely that they are still broadcasting the ‘old’ SSID.

Ah yes have boosters in....so they will use old network not new network ? Or use new network but just called the old one ?

Do a master re set and then re connect the booster I had to do the same with mine

Hi how do I do that?

What boosters are they?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi @pauljackson66,

Thank you for your posts. I am so sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with your connection recently.

Is this issue ongoing today? If so, has the advice provided by the other community members so far helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi not really I just need clear instructions on how to reserve boosters I have to match the new hub you have sent me please 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are they the old boosters or the new WIfi Pods?

VM no longer use boosters and have moved to the new Pods.  If they are Pods they will need provisioned to the new Hub.  Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

As for the old boosters, they may have a pinhole reset button somewhere?

EDIT - Just a thought, what Hub are you using?  Is it a 3, 4 or 5?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks