cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello VM Community,

I recently joined Virgin Media as a new customer last month and since then, the high latency spikes makes playing games and talking in voice chat impossible. I have the Gig1 Fibre Broadband Package. 

Speed Test:

The speeds are fine but upload latency is really high from previous tests.The speeds are fine but upload latency is really high from previous tests.

BQMs (Past Week) :

13th-March-202313th-March-202314th-March-202314th-March-202315th-March-202315th-March-202316th-March-202316th-March-2023

Live BQM:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b2a08a16239315ed6a26324f7974fce76f...

What I've Tried:

• Rebooted router.
  • Pinhole reset.
  • Reinstalled/updated network drivers.
  • Replaced ethernet cables.
  • Switched to Modem mode.

and nothing worked. 

11 REPLIES 11

Hello forshawj

Sorry to hear of the service issues and latency, we appreciate the frustration this can cause and you taking the time to raise it via the forums.

From checking your connection and equipment, all of the levels appear to be within the ranges and spec's we'd expect to see. The speeds available from the Hub are also fine averaging over 1116mbs download and 52mbs upload, here were some disconnections earlier in the week but these have stopped over the last two days. Have you noticed and difference within that time?

Rob

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

^Well you seem to not case about latency then as long as levels and speed are fine

---------------------------------------------------------------