Re: Large packet loss

I'm tufnell park n19 

Highlighted
TerryDavis
Joining in
Message 22 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi I'm having problems also area 15. Every game is freezing sometimes even disconnects

Few weeks ago it started now it's getting worse

KJDM
Tuning in
Message 23 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I've complained about this to customer services for 3 weeks, ringing almost every day. So far an engineer has been here 3 times, changed by router to the Hub3, re-wired my cable-leaving a ton of wires behind. My router looks like Frankenstein's monster with boosters and adaptors all over it, and it's still not fixed.

Not once has VM customer services acknowledged that there is an issue in my area (area 15). This has been by far the worst customer services team I have had the displeasure of communicating with and I will complain to the Ombudsman about it.

I was told I would receive a call back from a manager as my complaint was escalated - that was on Saturday and I'm still waiting...

We have been customers with this company since the Telewest Blueyonder days but I will leave ASAP. 

Latexkitty
Joining in
Message 24 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in area 15 and for me this problem started about a week ago.  My packet loss of between 10-30% which is making playing anything totally useable.  I even phoned tech support only to have them hang up on me.

Londonjo
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problems as you in area 15 for 2 weeks. I am in finsbury park N4. Also been with them since Telewest Blueyonder days. TV, phone, internet. I will be cancelling the lot shortly and going with someone else. 

Erby
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I am also area 15, so i hope the issue is fixed today. I have had an engineer around to replace my router but it got worse with higher packet loss. Tech support was no use "cause everything looks fine on their end so nothing can be done" was told every time i phoned.
Virgin Media has ruined our little free time we get once a year so complaints will be flying in for some sort of compensation.
Erby
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Update - there is no engineer booked that's going to fix this issue, whichever engineer told you about this fix on the 2nd lied as i spoke to Virgin support again and they said everything looks fine on their end. They can't do anything cause but it will be escalated to their network team who will observe my connection for 7 days then take action accordingly.
I think everyone on here should phone up and let them know about our area 15 issue but also make a complaint, don't let them just say everythings fine on our end, force them to escalate cause were all suffering.
Also everyone make sure they get a compensation from this through the leaving department.
SonnyS92
Tuning in
Message 28 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Agree, same here unfortunatly the only Fibre provider here wish i changed when i had a chance to sky in July now i am too far in the contract to cancel Smiley Sad another 6 months to go with these 'helpful' people.

Even tried to add TV to my package as sky messed me around didn't wana take my money, im glad tho, said i had to pay £129 activation fee even tho online says £25 ask to speak to someone else says there is nothing anyone can do there no point in passing you on went online to double check £25 activation fee called back to complain and oh there is a deal they can do with £25 installation fee over the phone was to annoyed to take it now as much as i want it lol i am not going give in. Will fish around for TV services.

They just made S*** up as they go as if they dont charge enough as it is already.
JYF52OSB60
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Fock sake I thought it would be fixed today instead im getting 50 - 60% packet loss. Its actually getting worse soon i'll be at 100% packet loss , then after that they'll be taking packets and giving none in return LMAO!

I phoned and they said nothing is wrong. Surely all you folk have been ringing up yet they're telling me all is FINE? So now I have to spend my free time on the phone complaining and feeling like a nonce as if I am in the wrong ??? They Are Villains !!!

Is this a free public service or soemthing? NO I'm paying for this. I'm paying to get a degrading service then they have the audacity to ask for more payment when I want to transfer to new ISP ? VILLAINS !

SonnyS92
Tuning in
Message 30 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I actually called up again mentioned about the forum again but they apparently dont have access to it, my area is fine and all seems to be working. 

Apparently it may be my router i am getting a new one delivered but I bet same thing happens, I would like to know how some people are getting told there is a problem and engineer is due to fix it cause everyone i speak to is oblivious to any of that. I have tried wired wireless VPN port forwarding factory reset still nothing

here is what my BQM is looking like.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ce492404dffccf193b84e43e9377b7d10e...

0 Kudos