Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Laptop wont connect to Wifi

Hi ChrisJBarnes91,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble connecting to the WiFi via your Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13. It’s certainly strange that your other devices connect to the WiFi with no issue whereas this laptop fails to connect.

I have done some research into the issue. I have looked at our forums and the Lenovo forums. I must say, the superusers in this thread have been very thorough with their troubleshooting so it’s a shame that you’re still having issues connecting. We certainly want to see all devices working on our Hub!

I notice that Griffin has said he believes the wireless chip in your laptop is Realtek. Interestingly, I found a forum post on the Lenovo site here that suggests they have been replacing these due to an ongoing issue with an Intel 8265 instead.

“They replaced the Realtek wifi with an Intel 8265 and I couldn't be happier.”

Does this laptop in the forum post come close to yours? The name is slightly different so I could be off the mark here, but it’s certainly something to try and contact them about as I don’t believe this is now anything to do with the Hub 3.0 unfortunately. It sounds like there could be an inherent problem with the Realtek drivers in some Lenovo laptops.

Feel free to let me know if this is something you’ve explored but I feel this could be the answer to the problem you’ve been having.

Many thanks,

Victoria_M

0 Kudos
ChrisJBarnes91
Joining in
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Victoria

The thing is though that the laptop has worked fine on my virgin media wifi up until a few weeks ago. And it continues to work fine on other virgin media wifi connections. So why not mine? There must be some sort of problem with settings in relation to this connection on my laptop.

anyway I have a new wifi adaptor (USB) arriving tomorrow so hopefully that sorts it 

Chris

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Chris, let us all know if the new adapter sorts it please.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding back Chris,

Please keep us updated how it goes. You're always welcome to post here on our Community.

Thanks

Victoria_M

0 Kudos
ChrisJBarnes91
Joining in
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for all your help. Ultimately it was purchasing a new TP link wireless network adapter (USB mini) that seems to have sorted this nightmare!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Excellent news - thanks Chris.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos