cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop can't see Hub5 WiFi network

sigridir
Joining in

Just installed the new Hub5 and one laptop can't connect to it. Every other device, laptops, iPads, phones, SmartTV is fine. The problem is my work laptop, Lenovo ThinkPad X250, Win10 64bit ~5 years old, but it was fully rebuilt last year.

The network simply isn't visible to the laptop at all. It doesn't appear in the list. I can successfully connect to other wireless networks, so there isn't a laptop fault.

The network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, so it should work. The driver is from 2018, but unfortunately I can't check for an update as I don't have local administrator access.

I've tried the following:

• Hard reset
  • Changing channels
  • Setting up a guest network with a different name (can't see that either)
  • Disabling the 5Ghz network
  • Wireless mode is set to 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed ( there's no ac only options)
  • Signal strength is fine

I can see from the forums that this is a known problem, so Virgin would you please warn people who have older devices before recommending they switch. Using an ethernet cable isn't an acceptable option, as the router is at the other end of the house to the office.

Is it possible to go back to the Hub3?

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you can go back to the hub3 - it will need re activating - offshore see to have problems doing it and may come up with a load of reasons it cannot be done - all untrue so just keep at them if you get offshore

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Why go back when you can go forward with the hub in modem mode and your own wifi router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@legacy1 wrote:
Why go back when you can go forward with the hub in modem mode and your own wifi router with 1Gb ports

ahhh modem mode and the 1gig ports - the answer to all problems or so it would seem 😋

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sigridir,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some problems connecting your work laptop to the Hub 5 at the moment. It's strange that it's just the one device of yours that's having the problem.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take  some further details and have a closer look at things for you. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@-tony-

Zach has asked the customer join him in PM so that we can re-activate his hub 3 should he wish, we would need to pass data protection in order to do that. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Zak_M wrote:

@-tony-

Zach has asked the customer join him in PM so that we can re-activate his hub 3 should he wish, we would need to pass data protection in order to do that. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

ahhhh thanks - so can i now take it we [vip's and others] can flag posts for staff to reactivate hubs if required

Tony.
Sacked VIP