cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landlord wants to check electricity safety supply

Claira42
Dialled in

My landlord says that they want to send an electrician around to check my electricity supply for any problems, which means turning the electricity off for a while.

I have said that I have my virgin home hub 3 in Modem mode with a third party router in place keeping everything running just right.

If the electricity goes off, do I have to do anything to the hub and the router to get them back up and running because I would rather not have anything touched? Or does it do it all on its own?

I cannot find anything online to tell you what to do after power has been cut off and reconnected for a hub in modem mode and a third party router connected.

Does the hub 3 go straight back into modem mode? Does the Asus 88U restart normally?

Do I just sit back and let it all restart normally on its own?

Thanks,

Lisa.

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Claira42 wrote:

My landlord says that they want to send an electrician around to check my electricity supply  <snip> 

Nothing to worry about, it will all come back on without intervention.   It may take 10 or 15 mintues to all spring into life   🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Just worried because we are disabled and everything is on the router.

Lisa.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Claira42 wrote:
Thanks. Just worried because we are disabled and everything is on the router.

Lisa.

No worries, I use modem mode with a separate router, for many years, and have never had any issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Claira42, 

Thanks for your post 🙂 

As already mentioned by Adduxi, nothing should be affected however on a rare occasion, you may need to do a sequence reboot. 

Personally, after the electricity comes back on I would wait around 15/20 minutes. If you notice the connection is not back on then turn the Hub and router off at the mains. Turn the hub back on but leave the router off. Wait for the hub to be fully set back up and then turn the router back on. This should allow things to work successfully for you. 

Pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. I'll let you know after Tuesday as that is when they are coming. Last day of the month so they can say the contract is over and I have no come back.
Fingers crossed everything will be fine.
Lisa.

I'm sure everything will be fine Lisa but feel free to pop on here if you need help with anything 😄

Keep us posted!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

After another week of waiting, the test took place on Wednesday and the router came straight back on again after it did it's flashing green status.

Thanks all for keeping my spirits up.

The stairlift worried me a bit, but that just had to be turned on and off again.

Lisa.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Claira42 wrote:

After another week of waiting, the test took place on Wednesday and the router came straight back on again after it did it's flashing green status.   Thanks all for keeping my spirits up.  The stairlift worried me a bit, but that just had to be turned on and off again.  <snip>

Great news, all went as it should.  Btw, I've done the same for my Mum's stairlift  😉