cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag spikes

Papous15
Tuning in

So people ,The last 3 years i have constant lag spikes during gaming the cause to freeze in game when the internet drop or even disconnect totally from the game.

Also I can notice them when im surfing on the internet that some times the connection freeze for a few seconds and doesnt load anything.

After contacting virgin through phone and community in both cases blamed the games that im playing (wow-league of legends-csgo)  and ignored that i have the same issue when im just surfing.

I contacted the games support that asked me to send them winmtr on their ip's.

Their answer was :As per the tests that you've attached I could see some latency spikes starting from the very beginning, at your router, as you can see (as per 'Wrst' column). Here, we could suggest you the following steps:(link that says how to restart router) and if that doesn't work, please reach out to your ISP for additional comment.

Ofcorse I have restarted and reset the router as was one of ma first actions.

It has been 3 years that im trying to fix that issue and have contacted virgin a handfull of times and noone gave me an answer except restart your router.

Is there anyone that knows what to do?

15 REPLIES 15

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry to hear that. 

Have you received a visit from our technicians regarding this issue in the last few months? I am just having trouble with my system and unable to double check, sorry. 

Nat

noone was send ,even after few calls ,they told me to restart router and will fix everything,even after i told them i have already done it and reset also.

Virgin pretty much doesnt do anything the last years to fix this.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you Papous15.

I would like to take a closer look at your account and run through some details with you so I am going to pop you over a private message. 

The message will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Did this ever get resolved?

I too am using a wired connection, I have even put the hub into modem mode and connected the laptop directly and I am still getting lag spikes when I test!

Please help

George

Hi George, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the community. 

Apologies to hear you are having an issue with your connection. I'm happy to take a look at things however I've been unable to locate your account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi whosagooner, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me via private message with your account information 🙂

Our diagnostics on your home network and Hub have not found any issues that could account for connection issues. All power levels are at optimal levels, I'm not seeing any errors and there are no open faults in your area either.
I can see that you have already started your own thread and that my colleague has requested you set up a BQM. This should allow us to help you further. 

Going forward can you  please stick with the other thread found here: Lag Spikes This will allow us to keep all the information in one place 🙂 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs