Menu
Highlighted
Beady2001
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kicked from network

Hi over the last few weeks my virgin media hub has been kicking devices off the network. So I brought a second router and placed it in wisp mode so all my devices would appear as one. This solved the problem for about 4 days but today the hub has started kicking of the router. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Kicked from network

What second router did you get?  Which Hub model do you have? Is it in modem mode ? Not sure what wisp mode is either Smiley Happy

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Beady2001
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am using a tplink TL-WR841N router

Wisp mode (wireless Internet service provider) is generally used for wireless isps, but I use it to make all my devices appear as one to loose the stress on my hub.

I have virgin media hub 3 

0 Kudos
Beady2001
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am using a tplink TL-WR841N router

Wisp mode (wireless Internet service provider) is generally used for wireless isps, but I use it to make all my devices appear as one to loose the stress on my hub.

I have virgin media hub 3

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Isn't that just a 2.4GHz band router? Are you not sacrificing the advantages of using the Hub3's 5GHz network advantages ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Beady2001
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don't need the 5 GHz as all of my smart home works on 2.4 GHZ

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Beady2001 wrote:

I don't need the 5 GHz as all of my smart home works on 2.4 GHZ

Or not,  as the case is now.  (Sorry Smiley Happy)

--------------------
0 Kudos