cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kelly communications visit

violetsanders25
Tuning in

Good afternoon 

I have been waiting sometime for more power to come into my property.  Finally after some months Kelly communications turned up.  Appreciate if it is outside work there is no need to disturb me. I just happened to see a technician stroll up my path so left him to it (maybe common courtesy as to why would be nice but there you go!)

I popped outside once they had gone and not for the first time, all the wires and cover to the power box had been left in disarray and the security tag cut and obviously not replaced.   I had to fight to deal with the wiring left hanging out. Surely this is not appropriate and bad practise.   Virgin Media is certainly not what it use to be when I joined over 20 yrs ago and their maintenance work recently is very unorganised and shoddy. 

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.   Thank you. 

Carol 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@violetsanders25 wrote:

Thank you for your kind response.  Sadly I had to tidy up the mess they left. The last time they came out to check the power coming into the property they left the power box open to the elements and disconnected.  Mind you believe this was Virgin media on that occasion.  I couldn't get any channels from my new tivo box.  I called out a VM engineer and it was because of this that the box wasn't working.  Pretty disappointment with the all round service to be honest. 

Carol

No excuses for poor workmanship or attitude or leaving a mess but ...

VM has 'value engineered' the outsourcing of its maintenance and installation contracts. The tech's who turn up are typically on visits of a limited/timed duration so generally the aim is to get in and out as fast as possible.

As a result, some of the photos of poorly-done new installations which appear on here are truly comical. Lack of skill and ability to use basic tools are also obvious among some of the installers.

That said, there are regular posts on here from customers who have complimented the work and attitude of visiting VM techs and the young guy who installed my new (BT) connection at the start of the year was from Kelly Comm's and I couldn't fault him. He was very good indeed.

If VM had any reliable quality control processes for its installation work, all jobs should be of equally good quality. Unfortunately, as with many companies now, the quality of the outcome may well depend on the skills/ability/attitude of the individual person who turns up, rather than any company benchmarks (if such benchmarks even exist!).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

IKbrunel
Fibre optic

A photo.... speaks a thousand words.

Can you post up some pictures?

This sounds so typical of Kelly Coms.

Thank you for your kind response.  Sadly I had to tidy up the mess they left. The last time they came out to check the power coming into the property they left the power box open to the elements and disconnected.  Mind you believe this was Virgin media on that occasion.  I couldn't get any channels from my new tivo box.  I called out a VM engineer and it was because of this that the box wasn't working.  Pretty disappointment with the all round service to be honest. 

Carol

@violetsanders25 wrote:

Carol

No excuses for poor workmanship or attitude or leaving a mess but ...

VM has 'value engineered' the outsourcing of its maintenance and installation contracts. The tech's who turn up are typically on visits of a limited/timed duration so generally the aim is to get in and out as fast as possible.

As a result, some of the photos of poorly-done new installations which appear on here are truly comical. Lack of skill and ability to use basic tools are also obvious among some of the installers.

That said, there are regular posts on here from customers who have complimented the work and attitude of visiting VM techs and the young guy who installed my new (BT) connection at the start of the year was from Kelly Comm's and I couldn't fault him. He was very good indeed.

If VM had any reliable quality control processes for its installation work, all jobs should be of equally good quality. Unfortunately, as with many companies now, the quality of the outcome may well depend on the skills/ability/attitude of the individual person who turns up, rather than any company benchmarks (if such benchmarks even exist!).

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello violetsanders25,

Thanks for bringing this incident to our attention.

We are very sorry and shocked to hear what has happened.

We are able to locate your details from your past interactions, so we can make sure we feed this back to our Contractors for you.

Gareth_L

Further to my post yesterday, I have just noticed that after their visit they left the cable cover on the footpath wide open.  If someone had walked passed in the dark that could have caused some form of injury.  Adding to the mess they left my power box in, I'm sure you can agree this is unacceptable and unprofessional!   There is no excuse for this choddy workmanship. 

Carol Sutton 

violetsanders25
Tuning in

I'm not sure if leaving the cable covering open to the elements directly next to the street light has caused any problems,  but now this is not working.   Goodness this company has created so many issues over the past 2 days!

Can you post a photo?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please dont start multiple new threads on the same issue - stick to this original one.

I have moved this to your other 2

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Spoiler
The saga continues.  My tv in my living room is now not working.  This happened previously.  It seems Kelly Communications shoddy work has stopped this from working again. Another technician visit but not until next Tuesday.   Virgin Media now have a note of their unsatisfactory workmanship,  not that this will change anything    Kelly communications need an urgent revamp.