cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeps saying Incorrect password!

Kateaindow
Tuning in

We are leaving virgin at the end of the month because of constant endless problems and terrible customer service. But at the moment yet again I can’t connect my devices to the wifi as I keep getting an incorrect password message even though it’s right! I have tried resetting the hub for 30 seconds which worked last time , this time it’s not worked. Anyone know why this keeps happening and have a fix that doesn’t include just resetting the box again and again? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

PaulSheard
Dialled in

If your trying to connect mobile devices via WiFi, make sure they aren't auto adding a space after you're input. I've fallen foul of this a few times. Also, log into your router and change the default password. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do a factory reset - this way.
With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings one to access the Hub.
If that doesn’t sort it - call it in as faulty.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

valdo
Just joined

I am about to do the very same as you and leave Virgin because of the same issue, i have had a technician on the phone an he cannot fix this either, incorrect password is all i get when i try to log into the hub, pointless having a hub that you cannot log into an the technician cannot fix it either

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Valdo and welcome to our community.

Is this the WiFi password in question or the Hub settings password?

Have you changed any settings such as this previously? Most can be reset to the originals on the base of the Hub with a pin hole reset.

Thanks, Emily.

Could you explain why virgins problems are never ending hot to leave 

latest is on virgin connect to reboot my hub and get yellow  triangle with exclamation Mark and on my tv both are working lol I need to reboot hub but does not recognise password changed it when I was having more trouble but it does not work have WiFi on . The reason need reboot all is for some reason my cctv camera have reboot everything I am leaving virgin too ASAP nothing works chat has not worked for four months you speak good people sometime very rarely 

@Oscar22 wrote:

Could you explain why virgins problems are never ending hot to leave 

latest is on virgin connect to reboot my hub and get yellow  triangle with exclamation Mark and on my tv both are working lol I need to reboot hub but does not recognise password changed it when I was having more trouble but it does not work have WiFi on . The reason need reboot all is for some reason my cctv camera have reboot everything I am leaving virgin too ASAP nothing works chat has not worked for four months you speak good people sometime very rarely 

Are you asking for assistance or venting?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

rowdy
On our wavelength

The default password has never been changed I have only had the hub 3 router a couple of days and I need to change my security as On my WiFi page it says my security is weak

@rowdy wrote:

The default password has never been changed I have only had the hub 3 router a couple of days and I need to change my security as On my WiFi page it says my security is weak

Follow the sticky post at the top of the forum 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi