Menu
problemchild197
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Keep needing to reset my router

Quite regularly I have to turn the WiFi off on devices connected to be able to surf at home.

althought it shows I’m connected and Speedtest says there is over 50mbs it seems the only way to establish viable WiFi is be resetting the router.

its a superhub 2 and when I had my 2 x V6 boxes fitted last year the engineer said I didn’t need to have the superhub3 he’d brought with him.

i am also struggling viewing programmes from 1 box to another as they buffer (again even though there is 50mbs)

i don’t stream tv or computer games 

resetting the router is the only way I can get these things working and it has to be done a few times a week.

i have a 2nd WiFi router connected and this provides a much stable connection but this too slows when the superhub 2 stops working properly 

JJ 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep needing to reset my router

Hello JJ

I wonder if the SH2 is playing up as at the moment it is not responding to some of my diagnostic commands, as you say you have already tried a reset. I have ordered you a new hub to try, please allow a few days for delivery and follow the accompanying instructions for activation before powering up, fingers crossed it does the trick....

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
problemchild197
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep needing to reset my router

Nicola,

thank you so much 

JJ