Menu
jonnymccarthy87
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Keep having to reboot my hub due too loss of connection

I am having to rest my hub 2/3 times daily. Complete loss of WiFi to all my devices. We have fibre 200 but reseting daily is becoming a right pain in the backside. Any advice as to what could be the problem?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep having to reboot my hub due too loss of connection

When the wifi goes down - what happens on an ethernet cabled device ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jonnymccarthy87
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We don't have any devices connected via cables. Just through WiFi. We only have 3/4 devices connected at a time

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jonnymccarthy87 wrote:

We don't have any devices connected via cables. Just through WiFi. We only have 3/4 devices connected at a time

Do you have one that you can put on to test it - need to pinpoint whether it is just a wifi issue or a Hub/network connection problem ?  What Hub model do you have ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jonnymccarthy87,

I've run a few checks on your service from this end and can see that your hubs downstream power levels are a touch on the high side and may be the cause of the recent drops outs, if the problems remain ongoing you may need a tech visit to check and adjust the levels.

We can do this via online chat, just click the link below if you'd like to get in touch and make arrangements.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jonnymccarthy87
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph thanks for your help. There doesn't seem to be a link here, and whenever I try and get on live chat there's never anyone available! 

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Should be a red chat button under my signature in the previous post, if you click this it will open up a chat dialogue box with one of the team when available.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos