Menu
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 31 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep Losing Connection - Router Logs

Hi @backtothefuture

Thanks so much for updating us and I am so sorry to see you are still suffering with high latency and packet loss. 

Can I ask if you have performed a reboot on the new Hub since it has been installed?

You can find information on returning/recycling equipment here and if needed you can request the packaging to return equipment here.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 32 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@Ash_C,

Thanks - Yes, already done a reboot of the new Hub since the installation.

Here is the latest BQM:

f0e384c2a1f2ed2b9315dbb570c937eef1c54565-17-03-2021

What else can we try about this? - Surely this isn't normal.

Also, I have the box for returning the old hub but we are shielding so I cannot visit a Collect+ store to drop off the equipment.  Is it possible to arrange a collection please ? 

Thanks.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 33 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hi @backtothefuture 

Thank you so much for getting back to me, I am so sorry to see you are still suffering from these issues. 

Could I ask you to perform a pin hole reset and monitor this for 24 hours? To perform a pin hole reset you take a pen or paper clip etc and push it in to the hole at the back on the Hub with the word 'reset' above it. 

I'm so sorry I realise you may have already been asked to try this, but it is just part of the diagnosis process I need to try. Please come back to me after the reset and 24 hours and let me know if there are any changes. Thank you and so sorry again. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 34 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have tried what you suggested and although things never really got back to normal, since around 11pm last night the connection has been on/off again.

Connection to the router remains consistant, but the router connection to the outside internet keeps dropping every 5 to 10 minutes or so for around 5 seconds - sometimes longer.

When the engineer came last time he has swapped ALL of the internal wiring - faceplate, resisters, leads.  I also replaced the Hub.

I've also done my own testing and removed everything connected apart from a single item (in case one of my devices was causing some type of interference) but the problem still remains and is happening at the moment.

Is there anything you can do to check from your side ? - Your system status shows no known issues, but I know this doesn't always show up errors.

Here is a screenshot of the most recent BQM

5077fcbd26a55d99a9cd40abccab05067ca16433-26-03-2021

Thanks in advance

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for updating us @back to the future and sorry to hear that the issue is ongoing. 

I've just had a look into your account and there are no local faults that may be causing this. Are your devices connected by ethernet cable or wireless? Do all devices lose connection at the same time?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 36 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@Akua_A,

It is the router that loses connection to the internet - according to the router logs.  Everything loses connection.  Both wired and wireless.

As I say, I've disconnected all devices apart from one to check it isn't anything on my side of the connection causing the problem.

-

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 37 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Do you run a bittorrent client?

Have a PC connected to the hub by CAT6 cable and go to modem mode allow inbound ICMP for remote IP 80.249.99.164 on your firewall and setup another BQM see if its stable.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 38 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - But the hub is dropping the connection regardless of which device is connected to it.  What will testing with the bittorrent client tell us ?

The router logs are consistently showing the following type of errors:

26/03/2021 15:10:46 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=c0:05:c2:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/03/2021 15:10:45 critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=c0:05:c2:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

-

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 39 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@backtothefuture wrote:

What will testing with the bittorrent client tell us

I'm asking if you run a bittorrent client not to run one.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 40 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I don't have one installed but I'm happy to set one up as you suggested, just wondering what it will tell us ? - Or was the second part a separate suggestion.  Sorry if I got a bit confused by the reply.

Thanks

-

0 Kudos