cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined and regretting it

Richall
Joining in

I joined about a month ago from Sky, despite going to fibre with virgin I am sick of the grief from my family because all the devices keep losing wifi, i am rebooting the hub daily and struggling to work on teams as it keeps freezing - my old sky box seemed to be better. 
is that just life with virgin or am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2

GreenWhite67
Joining in

I hope you don't ever have cause to contact their customer service, I am now on my third day, still waiting to speak to an agent.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
_________

Firstly... Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

On wifi - is it generally true that the further away you are from the Hub the worse the issue?

What Hub model is it and what package are you on?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.