cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got Virgin broadband, Sky Q mini box won't connect

chrise66
Joining in

Had Virgin broadband installed yesterday. Main Sky Q box connects fine (this is close to Virgin Hub 4 router).

Sky Q mini box for second TV won't connect to Virgin wifi. I key in wifi password and the box connects for a few seconds and I get a TV picture then it drops out. Have repeated this several times.

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@chrise66 wrote:

Had Virgin broadband installed yesterday. Main Sky Q box connects fine (this is close to Virgin Hub 4 router).

Sky Q mini box for second TV won't connect to Virgin wifi. I key in wifi password and the box connects for a few seconds and I get a TV picture then it drops out. Have repeated this several times.

Can anyone help?

The mini boxes connect back to the main Q box via WPS, not your Wifi.

You need to network/factory reset the Mini box and follow the instructions it gives to connect it via WPS back to the main Q box. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks for answering : ) 

Why does the Sky mini box ask which wifi network to connect to though if it connects via WPS?

@chrise66 wrote:

Thanks for answering : ) 

Why does the Sky mini box ask which wifi network to connect to though if it connects via WPS?

Mine have never done that.

They always ask to push the WPS button on the nearest other Sky Q box then it just auto connects. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

When not connected it will display this screen simlair to the Main Q, but if you reset the Network settings on the Mini it will go through a Set up screen to WPS it on another Q Device (main box). This will make the connection, no need to enter any passwords as your Mini gets its connection from the Main Q.