Menu
MER70
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just got SH3 but my Sky HD does not find the SH3?

Worked when engineer was here but dropped out - now the box is not finding the SH3 at all - tried wps tried the other two options but without finding the router it is useless.  Phoned VM and they said will send you an email.  No email received  so not helpful at all.  I think this is a common thing but how can it  be resolved?  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just got SH3 but my Sky HD does not find the SH3?

This can sometimes be resolved by ‘separating’ this single SSID into two, one each for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

This is done by logging into your Hub 3.0 using the Settings password from the base of the Hub 3.0 which is access by putting the address 192.168.0.1 into a browser search bar.

Once logged in, navigate to Advanced Settings, then Wireless, then Security and you reach a display like the following:

F1CA2745-0817-43A9-8936-6F5B542A0BAA.jpeg

Simply add -5 to the end of the 5GHz SSID as I have done. You can leave the password the same on both SSIDs for convenience. Once you apply this change, the Hub 3.0 will then have two SSIDs.

To connect your device by WPS, first press the WPS button on the Hub 3.0 until you see green flashing LED above the large white LED then press the WPS button in your device. This should connect the device.

Good luck.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MER70
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the advices I will try this when I get home tonight. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello MER70, 

Hope you're well and thanks for joining us on the Forum. 

Has the advice above helped?

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos