cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JVC TV no longer connecting to Virgin WiFi

Chary87
Tuning in

I bought a JVC TV in April and set it up straight away and it worked fine for a couple of months but in the last few weeks it keeps dropping the WiFi. I did the Virgin online chat and they updated the WiFi so I have a 2.4 and 5 option to log into but the TV only picks up the 2.4 and very intermittently even though the signal checker says the WiFi is great in the room with the TV. 

I can connect to my phone as a hotspot so it seems to be an issue with the Virgin WiFi. 

Can anyone give me some advice? 

FYI I have reset the TV and reset the router using the small pin reset button. 

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did VM also disable Smart Optimisation for the wifi?  If not, log onto the Hub and disable it.  Download a wifi scanner for your phone and set the 2.4g wifi to the best channel.  This should help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chary87 wrote:

Can anyone give me some advice? 

FYI I have reset the TV and reset the router using the small pin reset button. 

Thanks!

Hi Chary87,

That's great advice from Aduxxi.

I would also double check that the TV settings has the correct time and date, if it hasn't that may stop you connecting to the internet.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chary87 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear your TV is no longer connecting to our WiFi.  Have you followed the advice of our fantastic community members?  If so, how has the connection been since?

Regards

Lee_R

Thank you Aduxxi. I tried that but it didn't seem to help. I've bought a powerline adapter now so using an ethernet cable from that to the TV which is working fine. 

Thank you for your help though:) 

Thank you 🙂

Hi @Chary87

Thanks for getting back to us.  Do you no longer wish to have the issue you've raised looked into?

Regards

Lee

No thank you.