cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUNCTION BOX DAMAGED

Neilcousins22
Joining in

The junction box on North Road West, Plymouth is severely damaged. A car crashed into the box on Tuesday.

A different engineer has been out everyday staying for about 30 minutes and then leaving. This issue has caused us to have no wifi for 6 days now and they are no closer to resolving the issue. 

Surely, this issue should be fixed ASAP since it is not only a danger to the public (doors open and wires exposed) but since multiple houses are without wifi.

I myself work from home so this is a huge inconvenience. I understand the engineers have to attend to other meetings etc but surely a severely damaged, open junction box should be fixed on the day it happened instead of leaving it for 6 days? 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on...

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Neilcousins22, 

I am so sorry to hear this has happened to our junction box, I can take a look into this for you and will pop you over a PM.

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂

Zoie