Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues with SH3 - Oomph Bundle

Hi,

I have been experiencing some issues with my SH3 router over the past few days and when I call 150 I am unable to reach an operative to troubleshoot the issues.

I had upgraded to the new SH3 and the 500mb oopmh bundle a few weeks ago and had no issues, however over the past 3-4 days my internet has been intermittently cutting out, the SH3 will show two green lights with a solid white at the bottom, which will then cycle through to all green, flashing white and every so often every light on the hub will flash red for one flash lasting less than a second.While this is happening I have had speedtest ranging from 2mb-350mb however my upload speed has been consistenly less than 1mb. This has all been tested mainly via my computer which is connected directly to the SH3 by ethernet cable. last night through today the SH3 is just constantly cycling through the lights with the internet up for about 2 minutes at a time before the cycle of lights begins again being disconnected for around 10-15 minutes before it repeats again.

I am not sure on what area code I am, its the Sutton, Surrey SM3 area. *EDIT I believe the area code is 03 after checking my account area.

I would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction to try and troubleshoot the issues and see if there is anything on my end that can be done to help allievate the issues, I am quite tech savvy however not in the area of routers, modems & connectivity issues.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with SH3 - Oomph Bundle

First, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Then check that all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing. Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

If that’s all good.... Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” ico/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the downstream, upstream, & network logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennard,

Thanks so much for the detailed reply, all the information is really helpful.

unfortunately at the moment the SH3 is constantly cycling through the lights and I am unable to get any connection to the internet to be able to find my IP and set up the BQM. Once i get connection again I'll go ahead and set this up as I can see the value in having that running all the time.

I have checked the coax connections and they are all finger tight with no kinking/chaffing etc. The outside cabling box looks ok but we have had very heavy rain over the last few weeks so i imagine there could be some issue here that i am not seeing.

again because of the cycling of the lights i can connect to the SH3 192.168.0.1 however it internmittenly drops out making it difficult to get logs to post.

I'm currently trying to get through to someone on the phone at VM hopefully they can also assist me.

Thanks again for the helpful information though, I'll update this thread with any progress i make

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post DanSte95 and welcome to our community.

As you've explained the issue is happening through a wired connection I'd like to investigate further on our side. To do so I'm going to pop you over a private message with some security questions so that I can access the account and take a look further into this for you.

If you could please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos