Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Issues with Hub 3

I’m posting this on behalf of an elderly friend who has been having issues with her wifi after a power cut recently. No devices are able to connect to the internet (a laptop, iPhones, Samsung phone etc). I have tried restarting the router by holding the button down for a minute or so, after giving this 10-15 minutes to work there is no difference. I have also tried turning the router on and off, this has made no difference. Obvious things like the socket are fine, all wires are connected properly etc. I tried ringing Virgin Media and all that happened was the automated person ran tests and said all was fine and the router should be restarted, which I couldn’t say that I’ve tried doing. The box isn’t new and has been set up for a while. The main light is showing as yellow flashing and the other two green lights are showing occasionally. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with Hub 3

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I’ve tried this and given it about 10-15 minutes for it to work but nothing has changed, apart from it makes the yellow light flash with no other lights showing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Which one of these is it:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection-hub3

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The yellow bottom light mainly is solid with occasional flashing. The two green internet arrows also occasionally come on for 10s or so before disappearing for another 10 minutes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We’d need to see some stats/logs from the hub

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Okay, how would I go about this? 
When the automated person ran remote tests it said that the box was working and it just needed to be reset

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You need to login to the hubs admin pages to get them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Surely I can’t do that without being connected to the wifi though?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Plug directly into the router with an Ethernet device 

0 Kudos