cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Google Nest Router

wass007
Joining in

Hi Everyone,

I just signed up to Virgin Media, Have setup my hub 3 router and I also got a Google Nest router which I've set up however it's not letting me add any additional google wifi hubs to start up a mesh I keep getting a error message that the wifi hub is not close to the Nest router. I've even tried putting it right next to the nest and have had no luck

I then tried connecting the google wifi directly to the next via ethernet which works but then when I disconnect it it loses the internet connection.

I tried ringing Virgin customer service who was asking me why I would even connect a 3rd party router to the hub3....

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder
Hiya,

Have you got your hub in modem mode?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi Mate,

Yh the hub is in router mode and I did a factory reset on my nest, still no luck, I'm getting internet on the nest but with I try to connect a google wifi pug it says "wifi point out of range"

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There are lots of different models of "Google Nest Router" - exactly which one is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

H2D

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 18.45.46.png

?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.