cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues tonight - HP8 Area

will_i_p
Joining in

anybody else seen broadband and tv all fail around 10pm tonight?

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Area 22 is a billing area, you cannot easily find where you are. Please post the first part of your postcode, then people will know the area.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

thanks have amended to show HP8 postcode

will_i_p
Joining in

Issue now acknowledged by VM on service page.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @will_i_p,

Thanks for your recent posts and sorry to hear you've been affected by an area outage recently. 

As well as our Service Status Page, we do also have a Status Phone Line which helps give accurate and often the most up-to-date info for your local area, on 0800 561 0061 which you might also find useful in future circumstances.

Please drop back to the forums if there's any future issues we can help with.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly 

Everything is down. Did you know? Was it planned or another change gone awry?

Thanks

PS Im not calling a number to find out what I already know. You guys need to communicate, it is what you are paid for.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @will_i_p.

I was able to locate your account using your forums details, I can see the outage has been resolved and fixed.

We do not have the information to see if it was planned or not.

We provide you with this automated service status line for your own use, as this is a quicker way to find out if there is an issue reported, we are here to assist you and provide you with the tools to self help your self in the future.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@will_i_p wrote:

Hi Molly 

Everything is down. Did you know? Was it planned or another change gone awry?

Thanks

PS Im not calling a number to find out what I already know. You guys need to communicate, it is what you are paid for.

The 0061 number is there so that you can find out a problem affecting your immediate area.  It's really quick and useful, unlike the Virgin phone support.

If Virgin were going to provide enough staff to contact every customer personally when there is a fault, because you can't be bothered to make that call, you'd be paying a lot more for your service.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If Virgin were going to provide enough staff to contact every customer personally when there is a fault, because you can't be bothered to make that call, you'd be paying a lot more for your service.”

Yes VM could provide many more staff to do this, but who pays for them, yes it’s YOU, so if it ever happens do not complain that your fees for broadband has increased.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2