cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in my postcode area

chxrley
Tuning in

Hi, for the past 2-3 days, multiple times a day, my internet keeps dropping out for a 5 - 10 minutes at a time, now its gone completely down. The VM Care site shows that there is nothing wrong unitl I click the test my hub button, then it states there is a problem in my area, but shows no fix date. My Area reference is 09.

• Could someone from VM find out a fix date for this problem? It's greatly affecting my ability to work.

I've run the "Test your Hub" check on the VM Care site. I get a message saying,

>Looks like there are issues in your postcode affecting your services

>There's a broadband issue in your area and our engineers are on the case to fix things. Check back here at any time for updates.

But there's no date shown after it.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. re. fix estimates - and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@jbrennand hiya yeah I've called that number and I am getting the same answer from calling 150, "there are issues in your area (postcode) and an engineer is trying to fix it, but as it's a complex issue it's taking longer that usual" I don't get any more information than that. Normally there's always an estimated date for when it's gonna be fixed. 

Hi chxrley,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with our internet services, we can certainly understand the inconvenience and frustration this issue is causing.

Remotely looking from our end, we can see that you're currently experiencing SNR issues in your area.

You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The estimated for tis fault to be fixed is 6pm this evening, however this is subject to change. 

Kind regards Jodi.