Menu
Canute60
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issues after local power cuts

Hi. Anyone else in the Telford area that has router issues after last nights power cuts? I can't get my router to boot up properly now (green lights and no WiFi ) 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues after local power cuts

Maybe one or more street cabinets were affected by the power cuts.  Have you used the Check Service Status (top right of this screen) to see if there are any known problems affecting your area?

By the way, if you don't already do so, it is always a good idea to have your computer, hub and or router plugged into a surge protected socket.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Canute60
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I used the check service option and it came up with no known issues. I have spoken to virgin and an engineer is booked for next week, but the rep said that it may need to be cancelled if the service comes back, which leads me to think they may suspect an area issue  

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm, VM are notorious for cancelling engineer visits without bothering to inform you if they think they have resolved a wider issue.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Canute60,

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I just wanted to check in and see how the services are at the moment. Have you had an engineer visit?

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Canute60
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie 

In the end I cancelled the engineer visit  The whole network was down locally so an engineer had to fix the network. All working again now. 

0 Kudos