cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after 1Gbs Update - Worse Customer Serivce ever

mrpennisi
Joining in

Hello, 

since I got the 1gbs update, I have having issues, and not being able to resolve. 

My network constatly drops, wifi is intermittent, and speed is below the minimum guaranteed. I spent a full week at the phone with the customer service with no resolution at all. An engineer was supposed to come today but never showed up. I am at the phone right now, and this advisor is taking over 20mins to book an engeneer. Is just my luck, or is there something wrong here?

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Seems to be a common issue amongst new 1GB customers. First piece of advice is to reset the Hub as per this.....
__________________________________________________-

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3/4 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).
Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible If not – DON’T DO IT !
With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it.

If not post back with some more details on the issues.

Are you "testing on wifi connections or have you also tried on ethernet cable connections ? If not can you try it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mrpennisi,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your broadband.

Can you please tell me how it is for you today?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley, 

network still bad, upload is very bad today too. Tomorrow I have a scheduled appointment with an Engineer, but not sure if he/she is going to show up at this point

Hi J,

this is what I am doing on a daily basis ^^" Kind of sick of "everything works, must be your house" answers that I get from the customer assistants. 

I guess I am living inside a lead cube at this point!

And of course the enigneer didn't show up. This company is just a big joke 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mrpennisi,

Welcome, thanks for the update.

I am sorry for the appointment not taking place, I can see it has been cancelled and rescheduled for a later date. Can you see this on your account? I can also see that you have raised an Ofcom complaint. We will be working on this also in the back ground. I understand that this is frustrating, please let me know if you see the new appointment on your account.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, 

I never canceled, the CA at the phone today told me that was never booked. In my account was showing, and I never canceled that. 

Yest IT IS FRUSTRATING. Even because if I refuse to pay for a service that is not working, or delay the payment, I GET IN TROUBLE.

Is utterly annoying. 2 weeks, and no resolution at all. What are my options here?Other than crossing fingers that everything will work

Hi @mrpennisi, apologies for that misuderstanding.

As Hayley has mentioned previously, the OFCOM speed complaint can take up to 4 week to be fully concluded so I'd advise to wait until these tests have been resolved before we can advise further.

As well as this, please let us know how things are once the technician has visited.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi,

being lazy, have you the link to complain to Ofcom, I've had enough.

Absolute joke having to wait 3 weeks for wifi to be fixed