cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with hub 4

toxicpanda
Tuning in

So basically trying to get my hub 4 into modem mode so I can use my ax55 tp-link as let's face I the WiFi isn't great. But everytime I put it into modem mode and apply changes etc but it doesn't seem to do it as the 192.192.168.0.1 works still and I try the other one 192.168.100.1 for when it's in modem mode but just doesn't work....

Tried everything from unplugging the hub reseting etc etc but it just doesn't work, getting really frustrated with it as I've just joined back to virgin in July August time last year but had massive issues since. Then decided to get a better router and now I've got this issue. I'm on 1gig package now so I just don't know what to do now.

Mike

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this:

How to put a VM hub into modem mode:

1) Access your hub on 192.168.0.1, sign on and put it into modem mode. On the Hub3 the bottom LED will change to magenta. Best done from a wired connection.

2) Turn off the hub and disconnect any Ethernet cables

3) Fully initialise your own router or mesh master unit and make sure the WAN port is set to DHCP

4) Connect your router or mesh master unit to the VM hub with an Ethernet cable, Cat5e or Cat6, any higher specification is a waste of money

5) Turn on the VM hub.

6) You should now be able to access the internet and the hub will now be on 192.168.100.1

Note: this only needs doing once for each new router.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hey, yes that's what I did multiple times and when I connect the tp link it says it doesn't have Internet when I'm plugging my wan port into ethernet 1 port on the virgin hub 4.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The critical parts are the VM hub must be the last piece of equipment turned on and your own router must be set to DHCP on its WAN interface. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ok tried this again and still claims it has no Internet, even tried all the ethernet ports on the hub to no success. 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @toxicpanda, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having wifi problems.

Unfortunately, as modem mode is something that relies on a third party router and therefore not within Virgin Media's remit, we're not able to provide support on this matter I'm afraid.

All appears to be fine on your network after checking your account, but hopefully you can get this resolved soon.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with other matters however, and I'll do my best for you!

Regards

Tom_W