cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolate individual WiFi connections with Hub 4

Shulance
Joining in

I would like to be able to turn off individual WiFi connections . i.e block one device from connecting whilst allowing others to connect. Xbox and Iphones , I can do through Screentime etc. But i want to be able to switch off Smart TV's, Now Tv's computers etc. I used to be able to do this through Virgin media connect, but this does not work with the Hub 4. Is there any other way of doing this please ?

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Nope.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Shulance

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

As advised by legacy1 unfortunately this isn't a function we support, I do apologise.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The best way to do this is to stick the Hub into modem mode and use your own wireless router or Mesh that has that functionality. I did that 20 years ago to limit my kids connection times.

Be aware though that if that is the "aim" - there is little that will prevent a tech savvy teenager getting past the "block" 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.