cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the right socket to connect my router??

Ashum
Joining in

PXL_20230527_084618323.jpg

PXL_20230527_083252485.jpg

  

9 REPLIES 9

carl_pearce
Community elder

This connector looks like it could be related to VM:

Yeah I think so as well but i don't think i can plug the wire in that hole. 

ok thank you, I will get that and try to plug it in 

Just be careful with the connector sticking out of the wall as the copper wire doesn't appear to be central (A bit bent so will need adjusting).

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ashum, thanks for all the posts and for reaching out on the help forums for the first time.

A warm welcome to the VM community. 🙂

Regarding the VM sockets to use for installing your services, please visit this link here to view more on the set up process when you install this equipment for the first time.

Based on the above pictures, there appears to be a different type of socket from the one on our guide however this happens in many cases and doesn't necessarily mean it's unusable.

Please, do let us know if you have any more sockets in the property with a VM logo on that could be used in this instance and if we've scheduled a home delivery and self-install process?

Also, have you received the router already and attempted installing this since you last posted here on Saturday or are you currently expecting this to be delivered? 

Let us know more, we're glad to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your replay Adri. I am expecting my setup today and I couldn't find any other socket in my house.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may need a Tech install.  If so.... Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello Ashum.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
I did run a quick check on your service and can see its all active.

Guessing from you not getting back in touch the install went ahead okay?

Can you please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Gareth_L