cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this fair

3lawe
Joining in

I have been told by many people to avoid Virgin Media. moving to this area, i was kind of forced to join and i have regretted it almost every day! here is my experience

1) I purchased the package in november 25th. and they didnt install it until JANUARY 27th (first reg flag)

2) On January 30th my speeds dropped and internet became HIGHLY unstable. it was soo bad i had to stop streaming. (second red flag)

3) Everytime i spoke to VM they told me it will be fixed next week.

4) Everytime i call customer service, i end up speaking with someone in the Phillipines or India who doesnt speak English (third red flag)

5) Not only has no one fixed the issue, No one has told us what the problem is.. congestion in the area is not really enough, i heard in march one person say the council are being difficult. another operator made up some other random thing. one even blamed me! so basically no one knows/they lie (fourth red flag)

6) Every complaint i have made has resulted in nothing, no manager calls. no one helps. and EVEN MORE!!! they remove my complaints from the VM site (im out of red flags to give this company)

7) It has now been 7 months and it is still not fixed and yet they still take the full money out of my account. 

Apparently none of this merits opting out of my contract nor money back. #Theives

17 REPLIES 17

they dont give you a case number over the phone...

Having cases open for months or years is not something to be proud of... how do companies like this survive. at my work if we did not deliver we would apologise and give service free or sack the people responsible!

wow ... just wow!

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'll flag this to see if the forum staff can see a complaint reference on your account.  If they can't (implying that your complaint was not even registered, possibly on several attempts) then you can probably still take that up with CISAS so long as the eight weeks has elapsed since you tried to raise it.  I've successfully taken a crap energy supplier (Avro) to the Energy Ombudsman after they refused my explicit request to treat a matter as a formal complaint, and EO work in a similar manner to CISAS.

Hi @3lawe,

I am very sorry to hear about all of this. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take some additional details from you and have a closer look at what's going on.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@zach_r dont think someone from Virgin would ask for my details and password.

i could be wrong. VM clearly are scammers and liers. so wouldnt surprise me

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Zach_R is a trusted VM employee and UK VM staff - you can tell by the VM Forum title and the logo to the left of his name. He can safely be trusted with whatever details he needs to access your information.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @3lawe,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way, but I can assure you that I am a genuine representative from Virgin Media. You can tell by the status of Forum Team that you'll see beside any of my posts between my username and profile image.

For further assurance of the legitimacy of my position, you can also find me listed here along with all of the other current members of Virgin Media staff operating on this forum.

The private message I've sent you requests additional details so that we can investigate and discuss your account in full detail with you. If you're uncomfortable with supplying the requested details for any reasons, please refer to one of our other points of contact, all of which can be found here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

you shouldnt need/ask for my password. this company is worse than i thought.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call CS then.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.