cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a huge problem at moment - sites not loading and phone number down ?

whiteswan
Dialled in

Hi

Very slow / non existant browsing this morning on my 1 gig connection.

Most sites wont load.

0345 454 1111 - either wont connect - or it rings approx 8 times then disconnects - there is no automated menu - anybody else ?

Dave

13 REPLIES 13

unisoft
Well-informed

@whiteswan wrote:

Hi

Very slow / non existant browsing this morning on my 1 gig connection.

Most sites wont load.

0345 454 1111 - either wont connect - or it rings approx 8 times then disconnects - there is no automated menu - anybody else ?

Dave

National Outage - looks like routing issue.

Mostly fine in my area but some page don't load even with 3rd party DNS.

Was an issues on VM's system status around 1230am/1am.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/04/major-network-outage-strikes-broadband-isp-virgin-medi...

Would be helpful if they put a message on the "check local faults" phone number as it is saying everything is fine.

Wonder why phone number gone down as well ? Maybe overloaded.

Dave

System Status page and National Outage page down - suspect it's demand on server when people check.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/04/major-network-outage-strikes-broadband-isp-virgin-medi...

g0akc
Problem sorter

I’m seeing the same - in Ipswich Suffolk.

some sites do load, most don’t, service checker unreachable too.

routing or dns issue

had to use (non virgin) mobile data to post this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Wonder why phone number gone down as well ? Maybe overloaded.

DO u mean urs or there

Once I had realised it was a national outage, and even VMs web pages didnt load, I didnt ring, as no point, it wouldnt make them fix it any faster.

Downdetector full of people saying they had read its down but still trying to contact CS, why.

because they want to for some reason but CS is also down
post from mod
"We’re aware of an issue that is affecting broadband services for Virgin Media customers as well as our contact centres.

Our teams are currently working to identify and fix the problem as quickly as possible and we apologise to those customers affected.

Community Mod"

RayW2
Dialled in

YES! There seems to be serious problems right now.

I have had to resort to  (yet another) a complete reset of my Hub 4 (as a 1GB customer of over a year now who has only seen a hub 5 in photos) in order to connect at all!

It really isn't good enough Virgin Media!

ROLL ON SEPTEMBER 5TH!

--

RayW2

Was live as their network went down, was partial at first before it fully went down. SO glad CityFibre installed in my area, literal night and day difference in service, speed, quality, customer service.

It isn't even just the latency, its that my new ISP openly give you visability of all their network kit so you can see any issues in realtime, their network status page stays up when they have issues, and they're actually apologetic when something goes wrong and work with you to resolve the issue. Whilst I still have VM as a backup for my FTTP connection, this outtage goes to show how much Virgin care about customers and their network, literal a 'just running' ISP and this goes to show it, no acknowledgement or apology for being offline for 7 hours....(they have 24x7 coverage so there is no excuse for silence)

Not good enough from one of the biggest ISPs in the UK, as usual though they'll get away with it, Ofcom will do nothing...

For once its actually nice to not see any customer apologising for Virgin's continual incompetance