cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Hub 5 available for existing customers yet?

DAHneo
On our wavelength

I have Gig1 and 3 Wi-Fi pods with the Intelligent Wi-Fi Max service, which I am generally very happy with.

When I moved into my new house in August the engineer was raving about the Hub 5 and advised me to wait a month and call VM Customer Services to request one, once the compatibility issues with the Wi-Fi Pods.

I did this - I waited until last week and then started a  Live Chat (which is an appalling service, but I’ll save that for another post). The Offshore Agent who took my request was trying to process the upgrade for me, but went away for a while only to return to advise customers are not able to request a Hub 5 and that I would need to wait for a email from VM inviting me to upgrade as the Hub 5 continues to be rolled out.

Can one of the Forum Team please confirm if this information is correct and I I do indeed just need to wait, and if so for how long.

I look forward to hearing from you… 🤞🏻

21 REPLIES 21

That is the live bqm..

My Broadband Ping - Virgin

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It is it absolutely identical to the 3 previous ones you posted above on different days and times?

That's extraordinary.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yep the xml on my signature points to the live graph... it will always show the last 24 hours in view... so whenever tou go into a post I post on the graph will move over time when you refresh the page...

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

EDIT

I see now - you need to click the image to see the live trace.  I was just looking at the piccy!

Is that on a new Hub5 now?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yep since Monday...

DAHneo
On our wavelength

Hi All.

Is there any change on this yet?  Can I request a Hub 5 yet??

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Everyone wants a new hub when they don't need one and might be unhappy with it along with a 24 month contract.

It was not like this back in the day of modems people just used what they was given with their own router....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey DAHneo, thank you for reaching out and for your question today.

If you was promised a Hub5 when they was out of stock you will get an email with the next steps if you wasn't promised one we wouldn't look at replacing this.

Are you have any faults with your current hub? ^MM

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

DAHneo
On our wavelength

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.  As per my original post I wasn’t promised one as such, the engineer who completed my installation last August told me to give it a month while the issues with the Wi-Fi pods are resolved then call Customer Services and request a Hub5.

I’m not experiencing issues with my Hub 4 however I am keen to upgrade to Hub 5 to take advantage of the Wi-Fi 6 improvements on my compatible devices.

Can you advise if I am able to upgrade on this basis yet or not please?

Thank you.

Hi @DAHneo 

Thanks for coming back to us. We wouldn't know from here. You can check the 'upgrades' options in your online account. If we run any promotions etc, any eligible customers would be contacted 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill