cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Hub 5 available for existing customers yet?

DAHneo
On our wavelength

I have Gig1 and 3 Wi-Fi pods with the Intelligent Wi-Fi Max service, which I am generally very happy with.

When I moved into my new house in August the engineer was raving about the Hub 5 and advised me to wait a month and call VM Customer Services to request one, once the compatibility issues with the Wi-Fi Pods.

I did this - I waited until last week and then started a  Live Chat (which is an appalling service, but I’ll save that for another post). The Offshore Agent who took my request was trying to process the upgrade for me, but went away for a while only to return to advise customers are not able to request a Hub 5 and that I would need to wait for a email from VM inviting me to upgrade as the Hub 5 continues to be rolled out.

Can one of the Forum Team please confirm if this information is correct and I I do indeed just need to wait, and if so for how long.

I look forward to hearing from you… 🤞🏻

21 REPLIES 21

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes thats the policy at present - its to preserve Hub5 supplies for new customers wanting the 1GB service. So 1GB customers with a working Hub4 will just have to wait until supply issues are resolved.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I'm an existing customer and mine is coming Monday after I changed to volt contract. I have a hub 3 qnd just asked and they said yes. Will give it a try and rhen probably drop it into modem mode when I find I cannot access work, the WiFi range is rubbish and none of devices are accessible because I don't use the standard dhcp range of 192.168.0

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Let us know if it does arrive. It may be thst they are now giving it to those who upgrade to a Volt contract.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Agi4
On our wavelength

I recently upgraded from ultimate oomph to ultimate volt (600 to 1gb) and was sent a hub 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Agi4 wrote:

I recently upgraded from ultimate oomph to ultimate volt (600 to 1gb) and was sent a hub 5

How recently was that?  I think the "new customer only" policy is quite recent.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My upgrade was this week ans hub coming Monday.. 

DAHneo
On our wavelength

Makes sense - thanks John.

I’m never completely confident in the scripted offshore responses - as both a customer and a previous VM member of staff.

Thanks again…🙂

And as you can see from my bqm it's as stable as a one legged stool.... 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So you did get a Hub5 then?

If so lets see the live BQM - not the same image as in the last 3 posts 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------