cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is new router essential for Volt?

Bobthewelder
Tuning in

My parent has had broadband/television/landline for many years with M125 fibre broadband.

He phoned VM a couple of weeks ago because his laptop wasn’t working - he wanted to see if it was an issue at Virgin. They did not fix his laptop issue, instead they (mis)sold him a new package including Volt M350 and an O2 mobile contract. He does not need a new mobile phone contract.

I fixed his laptop (the issue was nothing to do with Virgin services). We cancelled the O2 contract that he didn’t need and informed Virgin that he wanted only the broadband/television/landline that he had previously.

They sent him a new router as part of the package that they sold him but he just put it to one side and never installed it (he didn’t want anything to change). 

His wifi has now stopped working (landline and television are OK) and I’m wondering if the issue has been somehow caused by the new contract. I’m grateful for any ideas? (I don’t live close by so can’t easily visit to sort it out for him). Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Possibly.... What Hub model was it before and what Hub was he sent. They often inactivate the old Hub and activate the new one (can only have 1 active at any time).

If he plugs it in it will probably autoactivate and become active and the new contract will have started. If he doesnt want that then you could get him to cal the Activation line and get them to check and if necessary reactivate the old Hub

The equipment activation number is on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you may need the Hub serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also the account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your quick reply, we’ll give that a try. Thank you

Hi @Bobthewelder

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your WiFi.

Is your connection now up and running as expected? Please do provide us with an update 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @jbrennand and @Travis_M,

I’m happy to report that we’re up and running. We phoned the activation line who advised that the new router was the one associated with the account so we set that up and all is well. Thanks for the help! 🙂