cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my hub 3 updating?

nashia
On our wavelength

My current Hub 3 has a Green flashing powwler light and a solid Wi-Fi light. Does this mean my hub is currently updating? When I go to the status overview page I find out that my Wi-Fi is on, Telephony is disabled and internet is just showing a loading circle. Running the network diagnostics tool shows there is an error with Broadband Service and Wi-Fi connections. Network Status says Acquired Downstream Channel and Ranged Upstream Shows Update in progress with Downstream showing Scanning in comments as well as Provisioning State says Offline.

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150, it may be a small local area fault.  These are not shown on the main VM status page.

By the sound of your Hub, I'd guess your incoming circuit is offline.  Nothing to do with your Hub updating, unless your Hub is faulty as well?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nashia
On our wavelength

I gave the number a call and it said the service status was fine. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nashia wrote:

I gave the number a call and it said the service status was fine. 

You could try a 60 second pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

If this fails, then call VM or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nashia
On our wavelength

So I just hold the pinhole for 60 seconds?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nashia wrote:

So I just hold the pinhole for 60 seconds?

Yes, you should feel a switch depressing when you do this.  Just keep in pressed for 60 seconds and let it go.  DO NOT reboot the Hub, it will do all it needs itself.  After about 10 minutes it should have settled and be available to use.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Julesb64 wrote:

I have had this since 9pm last night! Have reset, restarted etc etc still green lights flashing 🤷🏼‍♀️

Have you checked with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150?

Also please start your own thread as it gets confusing over who is who 🙂

nashia
On our wavelength
Turns out my splitter that split the TV channels and the Broadband was offline. I managed to bring it back online now. For some reason one of my relatives turned the power strip off that it was connected to.

nashia
On our wavelength
It's all fixed now but thanks for your help.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nashia wrote:
It's all fixed now but thanks for your help.

Glad you got it sorted.  Maybe you need to stick a big sign on the extension lead !!   😉