cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipv6 status

jeffsmith82
On our wavelength

Is there any update on when ipv6 will be deployed to virgin? Or even a rough timeline of after docsis 3.1 upgrades or we aim for q2 next year ?

33 REPLIES 33

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Virginmedia tend to release press releases a few days before any major changes happen, keep an eye out at https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases any updates are all classed as company confidential until these press release.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Please refer to one of your many previous posts made on the matter

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I have looked at them and contributed to thembbut still no response from virgin media. Sounds like something their customers actually want if there are so many posts.

So no update on this ?

A rep will respond (with the same response as last time) in about 10 days.

Stop bumping posts. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Anyone that has had to call virgin support knows 10 days is pretty fast for them. At least i don't have to listen to coldplay for the whole time here.

Hi @jeffsmith82,

Thank you for your posts, and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're always looking at ways to improve and expand on our services. As I can see other members of the community have mentioned in this thread, we'll communicate any updates of this nature when there's more information to offer.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like something their customers actually want if there are so many posts.” Yes IP6 would be very nice, but I believe the vast majority of their customers a) have no idea what IP6 is & b) have no present need for it. It will arrive when VM deems it to be cost justifiable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jeffsmith82
On our wavelength

To give you an idea of a present need for ipv6 I'm currently migrating a server room in our office to a data center. We are struggling to get more than 4 ipv4 addresses assigned to us as you might have heard about we have run out of them. Ipv6 on the other hand we got assigned a few billion of them for a tenner month.

They are not much use to us if the home users which a fair share have virgin at home can't access them as they don't provide ipv6 addresses. Sky and BT already provide them just virgin the last bug provider that doesn't.