cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iplayer and itv hub have started to think i'm outside of the uk

Rparker
Tuning in

Hello

I wonder if someone can help. Starting yesterday I am unable to watch programs on iplayer or itv hub. They both report that I am outside of the UK when I am not. This happens on every device connected to my virgin superhub3 - humax box, firestick, android, iOS and Windows 11. When I use mobile data on my phone (ie switch off wifi) iplayer and itv hub on my phone work OK. I then reconnect back to WiFi and they won't stream.

I've switched the hub off and back on again and also when  I do a "geoip my ip" in Google and go to one of the geo sites it shows my external ip correctly being in the uk

I'm a bit lost on what to do next. Has anyone else suffered from something similar? This was working on Friday 14th Jan and I don't know what's changed since then!

Kind regards

Richard Parker

4 REPLIES 4

Rparker
Tuning in

Sorry....I actually have a superhub 4 not a superhub 3 as I put in the original post

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
The system for only UK IP's is balls up and I have no doubt VM and BBC will blame each other of course the BBC is to blame.

Get a router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode for a new IP
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

Thank you for responding.  I tried again today and it all seems to be working again....I don't know who did what, if anything, but I'm back online watching TV so I'm happy!

Kind regards

Richard Parker

Hi Richard, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you were having an issue with the apps thinking you were outside of the UK but are glad to hear things are all resolved for you now. I wish we could take credit but it looks as though things resolved by themselves. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can provide some further help. 

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs