Menu
gypsygc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Iphone XS - Random dropouts and invalid password for Wifi

My iphone XS seems to randomly drop the VM wifi signal about 3 or 4 times a day with a box saying "invalid password" on it. I then rekey in the (same) password and it's OK again ... until the next time it drops which is getting annoying.

Have done Forget network and then later Reset Network Settings in IOS but still the same problem.  There are other users in the house with Iphone 8 and a Samsung S8 who do not experience this problem.

However I have never had this problem on the Wifi at work (BT) so don't think it is the phone. 

Can anyone help ??

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iphone XS - Random dropouts and invalid password for Wifi

Which Hub model do you have ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
gypsygc
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

I have a Hub 3.0..

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try this first. Do a pinhole reset to factory settings. Push the pin in to its stop point and hold for a "timed" 40 seconds do NOT restart the router after that. See if that sorts it. If not do this. After the reset go into the Hub3 settings and in "smart wifi" disable the "channel optimisation" and rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's (just change to xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) with a password you like, save settings and restart Hub. Over wifi you can then select the individual network that you want to connect your device to. Mi iPhones connect much better to the 5GHz one - you may lose seamless roaming - if thats a problem you can always do the pinhole reset again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gypsygc
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Will give it a go at the weekend.

Cheers

0 Kudos