cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ip address for cctv

Sue1006
Joining in

When I rebooted my CCTV dvr, the hub 5 assigned a different ip address and so I had to reconfigure the dvr and the apps that access it.

Can this be stopped from happening if I add it to DHCP reserved list?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes or better still give it a fixed IP address in the DVR.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks. I’m not sure how to do that in the DVR.  But if it works via the hub then I’m happy.

Hi @Sue1006 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your CCTV.

I can see you were in recent contact with our team who were able to best advise. Do you need any further help regarding this issue? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’m waiting for VM to contact me about the fault, so, no, nothing resolved as yet 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Sue1006. 

Very sorry to hear you are experiencing a fault with the service. 

Can you please expand on what has been happening and we will do all we can to help?

Thanks, 

Nat

Sue1006
Joining in

Thanks Natalie. The main problem that I have is that I can’t access my cctv via the app as soon as I am away from my home network. I have a HikVision  dvr and the cameras are accessed via their app. This works via Wi-Fi at home but as soon as switch to mobile data I get failed connection.  This worked fine before I switch to Virgin Media last week.  My previous isp was Plusnet. It really is very frustrating as the main point of having CCTV is so I can view the cameras remotely. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Get a better router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode 

---------------------------------------------------------------