cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

Laz61
Joining in

Hi since I have hub 3 I have problem I called so many times to change my hub to hub4 or hub 5 they will not give me one. My problem is when i am away from my modem 3 meters away randomly my internet stop working i got full bars wifi but no internet this happens to my other device iphones and ipad .  No pages open  virgin media gave me wifi booster and that made no difference at all not sue what to do any advice Thankyou 

5 REPLIES 5

paultechy
Alessandro Volta
did they give any sort reason why will not give new hub? since think only get the newest hub if on 1Gbps package, an alternative can be put the hub into modem mode and buying your own router, there is plenty of routers on the market, the community can give some recommendations depending on devices used, budget

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Laz61

Welcome to the community!

I have located your account and can see that there are some issues with your power levels. I'll direct message you now so we can arrange a tech appointment. 

In regards to replacing the HUB 3. The HUB4 is offered to those moving to the 1Gbps speed and the HUB 5 is by invitation only. If there is no issue with your HUB 3 itself we would not replace it. A technician will make that decision if they think it'll help fix the fault, but you would get a like or like swap rather than a HUB 4. 

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

They gave me hub 3 new one which i allready had that made no difference what so ever i had technicians 2-3 times they cant find the fault i am on 200mbps they dont give hub 4-5 to me

its really bad randomly when i am away from modem no connection full wifi i got

really annoying this is   

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for your reply via private message

If the appointment is not suitable for you then you ca reschedule/cancel your appointment on your My Virgin Media app or via your online account. There should be a red box on the first page under the greeting, this is your appointment. 

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Laz61, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If any equipment needs replacing, it would always be on a like for like basis. If you would prefer to upgrade to a Hub 4 then you can speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 and they can check if you're able to do this. 

In terms of the Hub 5, this is only in a soft launch. We're contacting a select few existing customers who meet a certain criteria and offering an upgrade. If you are one of these customers then you'll receive an email. 

Keep us posted on how the engineer visit goes and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs