Menu
Kellyslevin
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internet

Well I’m on the internet most of the day but it keeps  disconnecting on phones and I have tried to turn it if and turn it back on again but it still does the same can anyone help me please 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet

What Hub do you have and what make of phones?  Is it a Hub2 and iPhone on iOS11.4.1 by any chance?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kellyslevin
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All I no is I have the vivid 100 optical fibre and there iphones

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The hub model type is printed on a sticker on the base or side of the Hub.  If its a Hub2 then...

-------

The problem is Apple's iOS 11.4.1 not working properly on a Hub2 (and other router models across the world) They are working on a fix. Indeed, it is reportedly fixed in iOS12beta - currently available for the brave.

You have 3 options.  (1) Wait for Apple to fix it in iOS12 (wont be too long – Sep 18th is the predicted date for its release). (2) Connect your own wifi router to the Hub2 (clearly the best option!). (3) Lobby VM to supply you with a new Hub3 (they have given these out for free to those who argue their case and cite this forum discussion).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/IPhone-iOS-11-4-1/td-p/3771082

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kellyslevin
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s a hub 3.0

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah - in that case - Can you connect a computer/laptop to the Hub by ethernet cable to see whether the connection drops or is stable.  If it is stable it suggests the Hub3 wifi is the problem.  If it goes down too then it could be a faulty Hub or a Network connection problem.  In the meantime - if you havent done these 2 things yet you should it has solved wifi problems for many people.

access your Hub settings - (go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.100.1  in your browser) and disable “smart wifi” as suggested in this thread - and whilst in the settings - at the same time do what is suggested below it

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Potential-FIX-for-WiFi-Disconnections/td-p/...

Many wifi problems on the VM Hub3 are caused by it Auto-assigning the same ssid “name” to its 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency networks.  That can confuse 2.4GHz only devices as they may try to connect to the 5GHz one. So the first job is to change that:-

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.100.1) in your browser

• Login with the default login info (it’s on the sticker on the base/side of Hub) unless you've already updated it !
  • Once logged in, go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
  • Under “Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz” - change the wifi Network Name (SSID) in the box to summat you like...   xxxxx2G - and also the wifi password (network key) to one you like and will remember!
  • Repeat this procedure for the “Wireless Frequency 5GHz” (call it xxxxx5G to distinguish it) use  the same password to keep it simple.
  • click on.. APPLY CHANGES, Log out and reboot the Hub3

Now all your devices should “see” the 2 individual renamed networks in your list of available networks  and so you can connect to just the one of your choice.  The 5GHz one is usually best and more stable and subject to less interference.  Its range may be less than the 2.4 one though - which some devices can only use.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Kellyslevin
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I tried to change the WiFi name and password but now it still comes up with the old name and now the password don’t work so carnt connect it at all 

0 Kudos