cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

Kay578
Joining in

Hi all am new to this community. Have been with Virgin for a couple of years but in the last few days I have been having major issues connecting to the Internet. The hub has the white light and no error lights but you just can't connect to the Internet. It happens to all devices but doesn't affect virgin TV. Only Internet. Have done the tests on website and factory reset and hard reboot too and nothing works. It's soo frustrating, please help. It's doing it right now 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kay578,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the connection. I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and we have identified that you services are suffering from a period of network instability.

There's no current fix date/ time but we believe the issue will be fixed soon, in the meantime if you can please ensure all cables are secure and tight.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

Also, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kay578,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the connection. I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and we have identified that you services are suffering from a period of network instability.

There's no current fix date/ time but we believe the issue will be fixed soon, in the meantime if you can please ensure all cables are secure and tight.

Alex_Rm

Thank you for answers. Not sure why there is no fix date though as I don't understand that? Hopefully it will be soon as it is so frustrating. 

Thanks for your reply, Kay578,  I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details and further diagnostics.

Cheers,

Corey C

Thanks Corey, I've answered you 😊

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Kay578 - If you haven’t already, can you set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” (link below) to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, Overutilisation issues, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts.

It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM -

Note that it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - can you then post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop so we can take a look at the connection quality.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your messages and clearing data protection, Kay578,

I have set up an engineer’s visit for you which you will be able to view from your online account here.

Cheers,
Corey C

• Hi Corey thanks for setting appointment however I'm at work then and it keeps coming up with an error when I try and change the appointment? 

Hi @Kay578,

Sorry to hear this. Just checking if you managed to re-schedule since posting or if you still get the same issue?

If not, I will be more than happy to schedule this for a more suitable date.

Let me know and I will PM you 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs