cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet very often cuts out at around midnight most days

Sandwich247
On our wavelength

This occurs for all wired and wireless devices on the network.

It's the newest router supplied by virgin, got it installed around April last year.

There's a solid green WiFi light, and a green flashing two arrows light on the router.

All cables into the router have been reseated several times and are fine.

Service resumes usually after about 5-50 minutes.

Phoning virgin gets me through to their automated system which is unable to detect any issues. Following the automated system's advice gets me nowhere and I'm unable to speak with anyone due to it being out of hours.

Amy time it's happened during the day time, I get through to someone who arranges an engineer which is then later cancelled due to it coinciding with a wider area issue.

Any ideas?

- I try my best OTL

25 REPLIES 25

Hi Jodi,

There were numerous disconnects yesterday, the issue is occurring less frequently than before, but is still occurring every now and again.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/create/e68d96dce1ee9769564563d53e1...

- I try my best OTL

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/cc4de1064275ca3bc928bc5007beb56c8534c43d-23-03-2022

- I try my best OTL

Good Afternoon @Sandwich247, thanks for coming back to us

I've looked into the local area and there are no outages currently showing, and I've also been able to look into the hub, and it appears to be within spec currently.

How has the connection performed since your most recent post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Honestly it's been pretty dreadful, at least a good 20 or so disconnects in the past 24 hours at least. At the end of my tether

- I try my best OTL

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there Sandwich247,

So sorry for the issues still occurring, from checking our services I still can't see any readings that would directly attribute to this.

I can see that the routers uptime is around 15 days, are you able to reboot the Hub and post new readings from there?

Thanks,

Kain