cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet very often cuts out at around midnight most days

Sandwich247
On our wavelength

This occurs for all wired and wireless devices on the network.

It's the newest router supplied by virgin, got it installed around April last year.

There's a solid green WiFi light, and a green flashing two arrows light on the router.

All cables into the router have been reseated several times and are fine.

Service resumes usually after about 5-50 minutes.

Phoning virgin gets me through to their automated system which is unable to detect any issues. Following the automated system's advice gets me nowhere and I'm unable to speak with anyone due to it being out of hours.

Amy time it's happened during the day time, I get through to someone who arranges an engineer which is then later cancelled due to it coinciding with a wider area issue.

Any ideas?

- I try my best OTL

25 REPLIES 25

Hi Hayley,

Unfortunately, doing a pinhole reset doesn't seem to have had any effect.

- I try my best OTL

Sandwich247
On our wavelength

The internet went down for a long time again last night, on top of the little disconnects throughout the day

Sandwich247_0-1645800945687.png

- I try my best OTL

It went down again

Sandwich247_0-1645924511113.png

- I try my best OTL

It went down again

Sandwich247_0-1646097991173.png

- I try my best OTL

Sorry to hear this issue is ongoing @Sandwich247.

I have had a look backend and I can see everything is in working order. In this case, to further investigate, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right-hand corner and provide a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

A pair of engineers came out today, and upon some investigation, they found that the coax in the conduit that is run throughout my building was hanging on by a thread where it connects to my home, and was also filthy. They sorted all that and it's fixed the many many dropouts that occur throughout the day, but sadly the disconnecting at midnight issue still occurs 😩

Something I thought was interesting also is that, by their records, in this past month alone I've had around 140 disconnects and over 5 hours of down time. This issue has been going on for near enough 6 months now

Sandwich247_0-1647307663956.png

- I try my best OTL

Okay, I stand corrected.

Not even the frequent disconnects issue has been fixed. If anything, it's dramatically worse now

Sandwich247_0-1647433564438.png

- I try my best OTL

Sorry to hear this as yet to be resolved for you @Sandwich247

I have taken a look at our system and there are no issues flagging in the area nor on your equipment. Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Post the hub status data again after it's had some time to collect data and if possible, are you able to share a link to a live BQM graph? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Things seem to have calmed down substantially for now. I'll keep my eye on it.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a640ac1cc213c1da4dd596bd5def7a99ce...

- I try my best OTL

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sandwich247,

How have things been since your last post? Has everything been OK?

Kind regards Jodi.