Menu
DinsdaleDoug
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet to Smart TV

I have always had issues with my internet to my Smart TV. The router is in a different room next to our computer and the Smart TV is in the lounge so there is distance between them. When the new box was delivered I decided to use the Powerlines and paid an electrician to put a new socked next to my TV, but the signal constantly drops out. What annoys me - hence this message - is the fact that we are watching something and its fine (as we were tonight) the internet drops off and I get the message fault C133 or C130. There are no cables out - I've switched the router on off and on etc. How can everything be fine one minute and then nothing!!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet to Smart TV

@DinsdaleDoug wrote:

How can everything be fine one minute and then nothing!!

Difficult to diagnose as there are several possibilities and variables involved.Assuming the powerlines are ok and not faulty it could be your Hub (which model Hub is it?) is occasionally losing its network connection.  Do you have any devices connected by ethernet cable that you can use to check that at the time the TV drops out?  One thing worth doing is to post up your network connection data so someone can see if there are any obvious issues.

if you could go to http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 ) in your browser [there is no need to login] and then click on the  “router status” icon at  top right - or bottom middle - of first page up -- depending on which hub you have  and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream , &  network logs.  Don't worry about the formatting it can be easily read (by others & not by me!), but try and avoid using screen shots & don’t include personal data or mac addresses. 

Here is an example of how they should appear

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Superhub-3-0-Overheating/td-p/3816312

If there looks to be a network connection problem, a VM Forum staff member on here will organise a technician visit or you may be quicker calling the help line at that point.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
DinsdaleDoug
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I got the Virgin engineer out and it transpired that the powerlines weren't talking to each other. He changed the Netgear one's supplied to some better ones and everything is fine now. Fingers crossed that's it sorted.  

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DinsdaleDoug,

Thanks for updating the thread and it's great to hear that everything has been resolved. If there are any further issues please let us know,
Thanks,
Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos