cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet stops working everynight around 12.55am

Fratpack
Tuning in

I've been experiencing a completely drop out of internet at around 12.55am everynight now for months. The internet completely stops & takes 5 to 10mins to resume. Going on these message boards people have been experiencing this in their thousands. I've called virgin & spoken to multiple people from multiple departments & thet have no idea about it or what to do. It seems from previous comments that this is Virgin media maintenance but this surely can't be true as u should not completely lose service altogether, they should be using backups so service doesn't go down. I need internet at that time for work but it now looks like all I can do is change internet provider. Absolutely ridiculous!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also when you are experiencing the outage contact the the number below to see if there is a fault or working being carried out in your area.

Check with Area faults on  0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it happening on both ethernet cable connections and wifi ones?   They may be doing some resegmentaion, etc so that can go on for a while.  Lets look at monitoring it to provide the evidence to present to VM. Set up a BQM.

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes the whole of the internet turns off at around 12.50am nearly everynight, much like the huge amount of others on this forum that experience the same thing. Virgin media haven't got a clue when I speak to them

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post the "live" link to the BQM - and also check it every day to see if the dropout is evident as a red band at 00.45 - what do the Network Logs report at that time ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I'll give it a go John, I've set up an account but I can't say I'm an expert on how to use it so might be a bit of trial an error for a couple of days

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You dont do anything - other than look at it.

To check its working see instructions bekow it to "share live link" and post that here.

Look also in the Hubs logs at tha time

--------------------
John
--------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also when you are experiencing the outage contact the the number below to see if there is a fault or working being carried out in your area.

Check with Area faults on  0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Good idea, I think if I call at least they can't say it's not happening! Just didn't fancy calling at 1am when people are in bed at home