Menu
Glound
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internet still down after days

Hey,

I reported a problem in my area for internet and got a text saying it was fixed Thursday evening. It is still down and doing a service check seems completely pointless as if discovers nothing and tells me to unplug my equipment in 10 minutes time to reboot it?!

Apparently there's no issue found when looking in your website so can someone please give an update. Postcode is ME14 2UT.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet still down after days

Call 150 or 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you usually get a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who are more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are planning to leave for Sky/BT because of these problems - and they will give you best information on progress.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Glound
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! I'll give it a go.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm really not very far away from you and have no issues with my internet so this problem could be individual to you.

Best to call and book an engineer.

0 Kudos
Glound
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I get an automated response when I'm calling in saying there is a problem at my postcode. I then wait to talk to someone who confirms it and says the problrm will be fixed by the 15th of November. Pretty outrageous.

All they tell me is the issue is ''complicated" which really helps calm the situation down leaving me up the creek with working at home.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glound,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing loss of broadband service.

I've taken a look into this, and I can see the fault in your area which you mentioned. The fault is for SNR (signal to noise ratio) which will cause intermittent connection, however your connection is completely offline. Due to this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to come out and take a look at this for you.

We can do this via online chat.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Glound
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Sam,

So you are the bearer of bad news saying my constant phone calls with people saying I need to wait and apologies for the complex issue have not been fully handled. Have I just been fobbed off constantly then? 

I am happy for an engineer to come out - It's a massive shame this is after close to a week of 0 service. Is there anything I need to quote or can you start a chat with me?

0 Kudos