Menu
obbz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet speeds go from 800mbps to 0mbps..

Hi,

So things have been fine with the Hub 3, however today I got a new router, mainly as I need some of the features on it for other reasons and the Hub does not have these.

I got a TP-LINK Archer C6 AC1200.

It connected without issues, however anytime I try to download or do anything other than general browsing it just stops..

I ran a speed test, and googles own for some reason shows as 800mb download speeds.. which would be nice, but I only have 200mb connection.. On other speed tests, they just do not work, or show the same and drop to zero or around 1mbps.. Downloads on google store or anything alike, just stop suddenly and drop to zero.

I plugged in a ethernet cable to the hub while its in modem mode but cannot connect to it at all.. it does not even show up in the ethernet devices on network on windows.. 

Kinda at a loss at what to do.. the tech should just work properly, but its not.. 

Do i need to disconnect the router from the hub to log into 192.. with my PC?  If so.. how can I test it if the router cannot be plugged in at the same time.. 

Really keen to fix this, as this shouldn't be happening as the techs compatible.. But I cannot see the hub to check it, but i presume its working as the wifi connections on my laptop are fine and the wired are when its plugged in, but its just the sudden speed tests means I cant do anything internet wise really.. 

0 Kudos
obbz
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speeds go from 800mbps to 0mbps..

Well, numerous reboots to the virgin hub never worked, but just rebooting the TP Link once done the trick..

Speeds are staying normal and no errors.

Hopefully remains.. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Maybe you have a faulty router.

@obbz wrote:

I plugged in a ethernet cable to the hub while its in modem mode but cannot connect to it at all.. it does not even show up in the ethernet devices on network on windows.. 

You need to power off the hub for 2mins to allow a MAC change then unplug replug the Ethernet to get a WAN IP.

obbz
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Been hours now, nothing having issues again luckily Smiley Happy

Seems it was just a mac address issue.

I do have to say, people jump waaay to quickly to something being faulty.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi obbz, welcome to our community forums,

glad to hear that you were able fix this issue with your connection. If you need anything else just let us know.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos