cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed

Lordlumpus1971
Tuning in

I have a 1 GB package and only getting speeds of 580mb. This is not what I'm paying for I even fitted a new ethernet cable to pc and speeds are still the same. If I bypass my router and plug straight into hub will this help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Their guarantee is 50% of the advertised speed which you are getting albeit a few meg over so theres not much they'll be able to do unless there is an actual fault somewhere.

There's a lot more to it to achieve full speed but the reality is that its a sales gimmick for VM to lure you in, I've said before 99% of users don't need anywhere near this speed especially at the price they charge when you compare it to other ips's

I hope you can sort it out as you're paying for an unachievable service

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Their guarantee is 50% of the advertised speed which you are getting albeit a few meg over so theres not much they'll be able to do unless there is an actual fault somewhere.

There's a lot more to it to achieve full speed but the reality is that its a sales gimmick for VM to lure you in, I've said before 99% of users don't need anywhere near this speed especially at the price they charge when you compare it to other ips's

I hope you can sort it out as you're paying for an unachievable service

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Lordlumpus1971, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some speeds issues.

As mrkinny mentioned we only measure out speeds here at Virgin through the cable connection and not WIFI.

With WIFI we would expect you on a 1GB connection to get anything between 500mbs - 1GB.

You can find out more about how our speeds work here

I also want to run some tests with you via a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?