Menu
pbu3006
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed since using Virgin WiFi boosters

I hope someone can help, I have installed the Virgin WiFi boosters, it’s stopped black spots in my flat but my wife works from home but the internet is slow to upload, as she works from home sometimes it’s really frustrating. This happens all over the flat, in the same room as the hub and with a direct Ethernet cable, any ideas?

The internets speeds are Download 218mbps, Upload 12.2, Ping 14ms and Jitter 3.4?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed since using Virgin WiFi boosters

Hi Pbu3006, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your upload speed, this isn't what we like to hear. 

Can I ask what device you're testing it on?

Have you tried testing with only one device connected to see if it can reach the full upload speed? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
pbu3006
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have rebooted everything, worked perfectly for the first few hours, then the next day my wife was working from home and went slow again, no reason for it to slow down as it was only my wife’s laptop in the system, plus her mobile on standby. Any ideas why this happens?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

So is it your wife's laptop you're getting the 12MB upload on?

Have you tried it on a mobile device or the newest device you have to see if it's also 12MB? 

I just wanted to see if it is consistent across all devices or if there's a big difference. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos