cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet slow and doesnt work when reset.

Million
Joining in

So, around 2 days ago I reset my router because I was experiencing packet loss. When I reset it an outage had occurred around an hour later (the internet didnt work up til then anyway).

When the outage had ended, the internet was back up however was extremely slow. Prior to this I had around 150mbps download and 10 ping, but now I am getting around 30 ping and 20mbps download. 

Just now I restarted the router to see if this would be fixed, however it has been almost an hour and the internet still isnt back on. The router is still working I believe since the yellow light on it is lit. Is there anything I could do to fix this issue?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A reset can be tricky - do it this way.

Make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Million.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you've been experiencing slow speeds since the outage, I can appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

How has the service been performing since posting? Have you tried re setting the Hub how @jbrennand has advised above? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

Well, once resetting the internet just goes off for a prolonged amount of time, probably 30mins to an hour.

For some reason, now the internet has gone open, (no longer has a password), and instead of being called VMXXXXXXX it is called VMXXXXXXX 2.

Also, the 5GHz channel isn't working for some reason, which is why I think i'm experiencing the slow internet. 

Thanks

Sounds like a faulty hub especially if you have reset as John suggested!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Million 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

As this issue has been going on for some time,  it will be worth us getting an engineer out to come and look over everything with the potential to replace the hub. 

Just to double check,  can you also confirm is there anything listed on the services status page?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hey, thanks for the response.

I can confirm that there is nothing listed on the service status page, there are currently no known issues.

Thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Million

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

Its showing that there is a prolonged signal level issue, we are going to need to get a tech out to you, I have taken the opportunity to book this for you. You are able to find the time, date and make any amendments by visiting your my virgin media account.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi, thanks for the response.

Where am I able to find this information?  This is what is showing up when I click your hyperlink 

Million_0-1625761433047.png